Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Manifest Kickstarter Preview!

It's been a long time once again, but with good reason. We buckled down and completed Manifest's engine and UI. Yesterday night we finished setting up our kickstarter, which we sent in for community management review. This is SO exciting to me. I feel like my whole life is beginning with this day. I finally get to start showing off the game and working on stories regularly, I can even do a little artwork :). Bob has been instrumental in accomplishing this, his models look incredible, and his texture work is so detailed! I was blown away by the final result of our visuals, here's a preview! You can also check out the demo at www.tikihubgames.com, which we will begin adding content to *today*.

Kickstarter Preview:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1137395854/1786273707?token=dda8c481

The flame lights up and you see a place to enter your name and age. After doing so, you are presented with a number of choices based on your age which represent your time-developed personality. You are then given a choice of item and two roles within a world that fits your created personality. From here, you choose options to direct the story.

I want to say we spent about six months developing this game so far. Maybe less. I did spend a good chunk of that doing retail work in season, at which point I was hardly able to work on it for weeks. I invested a few weeks myself in bringing Inventorium to a near-complete status (it's still coming I swear, just like the dragons!). So all-in-all we probably spent something more like 4 to 5 months of development in our spare time. It was fun, hard, and the end is becoming pretty stressful, but it's worth every second and penny of it. This is the life I want to live, working on products like this, producing something that everyone can enjoy or benefit from. I don't think I've ever done something that's felt more rewarding than this project, and I look forward to topping it in the future!

Kickstarter Preview:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1137395854/1786273707?token=dda8c481

Our Website:
http://www.tikihubgames.com

No comments:

Post a Comment