Friday, May 1, 2015

Alpha Release, Advertising, Story Writing, and Work

All the things that make up my life right now :). Work is alright, we have the full-time sales lead from my old store working as the co-manager of my new store, that will be fun to have her back. Otherwise, we've put out our alpha demo at www.tikihubgames.com. Really! You can try it right now! It is a Procedural Story-Telling Game called Manifest. The concept puts you in the role of a writer developing a story through options in a notepad and a book which fills pages from beginning to end with a different story depending upon your choices.



I've been spending a lot of time trying to bring the demo to anywhere people invite playtesting, feedback and introductions. Twitter and facebook have been handy tools as I work through the process, but altogether, I think it comes down to a simple matter of time and effort. The more work I put into the game, update online for people to see, and repeat, the more exposure I seem to get. Seems like an honest way to find followers, customers, fans and just attract new eyes in general, so I'm full-speed ahead. The game itself has come a long way, with a full 3d GUI integrated, one we can use later on in a larger action RPG to write your own stories for lore... we'll get into that another time though. Fact is, this is what we've been waiting for, debugging, writing stories, making art, all the fun stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment